Friday, March 28, 2014

My 3 go-to essential oils:

Since I have been dubbed by my close friends as Aunt Jemima, due to my stash of essential oil's that I carry with me and share with others to help heal their problems, I thought it would be appropriate to write a post about the essential oils that I use the most in day to day life.  My top 3 go-to oils are: Four Thieves (or Germ-Fighter.  I have both), Oregano, and Peppermint.

Four Theives/Germ Fighter:  I originally bought oils from Eden's Garden and so have Four Thieves, but as it is running low, I bought some Germ-X from Plant Therapy, taking advantage of a coupon.  I love this oil blend!  I don't use it daily, as some people do, but I use it whenever I feel like I'm starting to come down with a cold or sickness, or when my family or the people I'm spending time around are sick.  I experienced first hand how awesome it is a few weeks ago, when I woke up one morning feeling like I was coming down with a nasty cold.  I took capsules of Thieves and Oregano oil throughout the next few days. The cold has now passed through my entire family, but I never got sick, aside from feeling like I was on the edge of getting sick.  It was a nasty cold, too.  I also took capsules of Thieves and Oregano during the week that Joe J., my friend and manager at my work, was sick with a stomach bug, because I am terrified of getting stomach bugs, so I wanted to ensure I didn't come down with that. 

Oregano:  As I already mentioned above, I take Oregano and Thieves oil in capsules when sickness is around me.  Oregano is a great for the immune system and as a natural antibiotic.  It's a killer of bad bacteria.    It's definitely my go-to, along with thieves, to stay healthy!

Peppermint:  Peppermint oil has become one of my best friends!  I get headaches very frequently, if not daily, and peppermint makes the headaches bearable. It's probably my most used oil, simply because I use it almost every day for headaches, and I also share it at work when people have headaches or sore muscles.  It's great for headaches and muscle aches.  I also use it for my back, as I have scoliosis and get back pain a lot.  It is great to put over other oils, to help drive the first oil further into your body.  I have a small key chain case for essential oils and my peppermint oil is always in it, always with me, wherever I go. 

I love all the essential oils that I have, but these three are definitely the ones I use the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment