Sunday, October 7, 2018

On Strong Willed and Vocal Women. . .

I have always been a very strong willed and vocal female.  Sometimes, it can get me in trouble.  My strong will, vocalness, and stubbornness can lead me astray and I am not always in the right. But, my strong personality can also be a blessing and stronghold in my life, holding me fast to my values, standards, and morals and keeping me grounded upon what I hold to be true and right.  While people do not always like my determination and strong, loud, vocal opinions, it shaped me into a very strong person.  I am far from narrow minded, almost always willing to be open minded on a subject and I try to be open to the possibility that I may be wrong about things.  But, I also do not back down from what I find to be true.  I have a fierce love for people and a 'mama bear' personality that is always down to fight for the outcasts....even when no one else will.  I am thankful that God has given me such a strong and stubborn will.  It provides a firm foundation when it is aligned with His word and His values, a foundation I can stand upon without backing down.  It could be easy to become discouraged and seek to mute myself, my personality, and my character in order to be accepted by others.  It is definitely tempting to stifle and quiet myself to blend into what others would have me to be.  Strong and vocal women are often dubbed as 'bitches'.  We are viewed as hardened, uptight, even narrow-minded.  Fellow strong willed, vocal women, know this - You are not 'hard'.  You are not a 'bitch'.  You are strong individuals, sculpted and molded into the women you are today by your loving Creator.  Jesus was a vocal individual too.  The religious leaders of His day called him a heretic.  They did not appreciate or welcome His vocal 'opinions'.  While Jesus spent time with sinners and criminals and undesirables and stood up for these people, the religious leaders, the so called 'men of God', tried to quiet Him.  They tried to smother out His voice too.  But they could not.  Fellow women of strength who raise your voices in defense of the mistreated, the sinners, and the misfits, do not let the world smother out your voices!  Do not let others convince you to stifle your passion!  This world needs your voice.  This world needs your strong will, your determination, your burning passion, your loud voices!  Burn bright with the fire that God has bestowed upon you and never stop fighting for what grace and love, for that which is good and just, for that which is right. 

"Just do right.  Right may not be expedient, it may not be profitable, but it will satisfy your soul.  It brings you the kind of protection that bodyguards can't give you.  So try to live your life in a way that you will not regret years of useless virtue and inertia and timidity.  Take up the battle.  Take it up.  It's yours.  This is your life. This is your world." - Maya Angelou

 "Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas

"God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control".  - 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment