Saturday, January 18, 2014

Essential Oils

I got my kit of essential oils in the mail this past week and am quite excited to start using them in my day to day life!  I just got back from an essential oil class led by a lady from my church, which was helpful and full of information about using the oils.  I made a lavender spray to spray on my pillow (made with Epsom salts, lavender oil, and distilled water) to help with sleep.  I have a terrible time falling asleep and staying asleep, most nights, so I'm hoping that this will help.  We shall see...I'll use it tonight, fingers crossed.  I applied lavender oil and then peppermint oil on my neck, forehead, temples and sinuses as soon as I got home from the class, to help with a headache that I've had since last night.  I think I got a little carried away with the peppermint oil, which is STRONG, because I spent the next five to ten minutes, tears streaming down my face, literally crying from the strength of it.  I had to wipe some of it off from the sinus area, in order to stop crying and be able to see properly.  However, my headache is almost completely gone!  So happy about that.  Definitely will be using those oils quite often for my headaches, as I'd like to avoid taking tons of Tylenol all the time.  I used to take Advil daily to help with my headaches and now can't, due to the fact that it tore up my stomach.  I'd rather not damage my liver due to excessive use of Tylenol now.   Can't wait to see the improvement in my health and life from these awesome, natural, healthy oils.  Now, I just need to go to Grocery Outlet and pick up some coconut oil and find out where I can get some beeswax and I can have another go at making homemade deodorant.  Currently I'm just using plain baking soda, which works fine, but I want to try to make a solid deodorant. 

In other news, my baby sister is absolutely adorable and makes every single day of my life better.  I painted her and I's nails today and she loved it.  She also loves to join me and help me out when I'm putting my makeup on, making me always looking forward to that time we spend together.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment