Sunday, December 22, 2013

Shaving Cream:

Today, I took a swing at making shaving cream with Castile soap.  Other than the fact that I didn't dissolve all the soap shavings in the hot water, it turned out fantastic!  Foaming, beautiful, wonderful goodness.  The one downfall is that, due to not dissolving all of the soap shavings, there are soap lumps hidden within the foam.  But that is something I can easily fix next time.  I am quite pleased with this lovely, healthy, chemical free shaving cream.  This is the recipe I used, however, I left out the Borax, because it can cause skin and eye irritation as well as disrupt hormones and cause harm to the male reproductive system and can cause infertility and I find it to be rather harmful.  It worked just fine without the Borax, so it's not something that is necessary.   Easy to make, gentle, chemical free, silky soft shaving cream?  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment